Friday 12 August 2011

Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes

I know that she's been around for years, but I only just discovered this Swedish Wonder Girl. She absolutely mesmerizes me! Wounded Rhymes is her second album, released earlier this year and while some have commented that it is not as good as her first album, Youth Novels (2008), I would thoroughly disagree. Don't get me wrong - I do love Youth Novels. It is a great album to enjoy start to finish, especially if you are looking for an ethereal/jazzy soundtrack for your day. But in my opinion, Li's first album does not have the strong stand alone tracks that to give power to Wounded Rhymes. Songs like "I Know Places" and "Get Some".

It is slightly pathetic to note that despite my recent obsession with her entire youtube page/back catalog, I still have no idea how to pronounce her name.

LYKKE LI - I KNOW PLACES



LYKKE LI - TONIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment